Collection of Personal Information
We may collect personal information from you directly such as from forms on the Website or Services; in connection with Product orders, from surveys; when you submit a query to us; or from other communications with us. In order to use certain parts of the Website or Services, you may be required to set up an account with us (an “Account”). During this process, we may ask you for certain personal information to establish and use your Account. We may also collect information about you in connection with your transactions with us, any of our affiliates or Service Providers. Where permissible by applicable law, we may also collect personal information from publicly available sources. Personal information we collect includes, among other things:
- Personal identifiers: (e.g., name, age, gender)
- Contact data (e.g., shipping address, email address, phone number)
- Wellness information (e.g., your short-term and long-term health goals, your diet, your lifestyle, your views about health/wellness, and medical conditions that you have experienced or that exist in your family)
- Financial data (e.g., payment card information, billing address)
- Transaction data (e.g., preferred products and products ordered)
You may at any time refuse to provide any personal information that we request; however, this may limit your ability to access certain services or content.
Collection of Usage Information
Our systems and servers may collect general data pertaining to your use of the Website and Services, including data about the mobile devices and programs you use to access such offerings (“Usage Information"). Usage Information can include: the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device you are using; the browser software and operating system you are using; mobile device type, device operating system, device settings, the date and time of access (including the length of time spent, the pages accessed while visiting, links clicked, and number of visits, and country of origin); and the address of the Internet site from which you have arrived at our Website or Services. This Usage Information is collected to help us manage and administer our Website, Services and systems, improve the content of our products and services, and customize and improve user experience. Usage Information is gathered using the following methods: (1) cookies, (2) tags/beacons, (3) Third-Party Analytics Services, (4) Third-Party Advertising Networks, and (5) general detection and use of your internet protocol (IP) address, device identifiers, or domain name.
- Cookies. We may collect Usage Information through the use of “cookies,” which are small text files that are saved by your browser or device that serve a number of purposes, such as remembering your preferences and generally improving your user experience. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to gather analytics about our Website and Services, including Usage Information and demographic information in a non-identifiable form, in order to monitor usage and traffic, improve performance and customize users’ experience. Although most browsers automatically accept cookies, you can change your browser options to stop automatically accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies. Please note, however, that if you don’t accept cookies, you may not be able to access all portions or features of our Website or Services.
- Tags/Beacons. We may also employ software technology called tags or web beacons (a.k.a. pixel tags or clear gifs), that help us better manage Website and Services content and communications by informing us what content is effective and how it is used. These beacons (or other tracking technology) may also be included in or associated with e-mails or other communications that you receive from us (or our Service Providers) in order to help us track your response and interests and to deliver you relevant content and services. For account holders we may link information gathered by web beacons or other tracking technology to personal information.
- Location Data. When you use certain features of our Website or Services, we may receive, store and process different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g., IP address, zip code), and more specific GPS location information that is provided to us by your mobile device.
Use and Processing of Personal Information
We use and process your personal information for reasonable and legitimate business purposes, to perform and fulfill our contractual obligations to you, and to comply with legal obligations, including for the following purposes:
- contacting you regarding business transactions and information related to the Products or Subscriptions you have purchased,
- providing our Products and services to you (for example, if you provide us with personal information in order to place an order with us, we will use that information to process your payment, complete the sale and ship Product to you),
- maintaining our business relationship and/or providing ongoing support to you,
- informing you about our Products and services and other promotional activities and responding to your comments or requests for information,
- showing customized ads to you,
- enforcing any contracts that we enter into with you, or defending claims arising from such contracts,
- optimizing our Website, Services or mobile applications and customer experience,
- enhancing the security of our network and information systems,
- developing, enhancing, and improving our products and services,
- administering and managing our relationship with you,
- understanding and monitoring how people interact with our Website and Services,
- where necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of us or other users or customers,
- Complying with our obligations under applicable law, industry guidelines and internal policies,
- where we are obligated, or permitted, to do so by applicable law, regulation or legal process, including disclosure to customs or other governmental authorities, or
- as described to you when collecting your personal information.
When you sign up to receive information from us or otherwise provide us with personal information, we may automatically place you on our list to receive communications and updates and offers regarding Koye and our affiliates and certain non-affiliated third party companies that we have specially selected to offer you promotions, products or services. If you do not wish to receive these messages, you can simply utilize the opt-out method detailed in the message or contact us at the contact points specified below. You may not opt-out of receiving essential updates regarding your relationship or transactions with us.
Third-Party Platforms and Functionality
Like many companies we may use services provided by Google, Facebook or others that collect Usage Information or generate performance metrics concerning our Website or Services, deliver advertising to you, or provide social media functionality.
- Conversion Tracking. We may use conversion tracking or other search engine features that permit us to measure the effectiveness of search engine results.
We are not responsible for the data collection or privacy practices of such third party platforms and social media features. You should review those platforms’ privacy policies to find out more about what data they hold about you, what they do with it, and how to opt-out from certain data collection. You can obtain information about the information collection practices and opt-out of receiving interest-based advertising from participating members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1 and the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) at optout.aboutads.info. You can learn more about how Google uses data at https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites and about how Facebook uses data at https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation.
The following platforms also offer opt-out features that let you opt out of their use of your information for interest-based advertising purposes:
- Google: https://adssettings.google.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads
- Twitter: https://help.twitter.com/en/safety-and-security/privacy-controls-for-tailored-ads
- Pinterest: https://policy.pinterest.com/en/privacy-policy#section-choices-you-have-about-your-info
Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms or do not participate in the opt-out mechanisms described above. Even after using these opt-out mechanisms, you may receive interest-based advertising from other companies. If you opt-out of interest-based advertisements, you will still see advertisements online but they may be less relevant to you.
Note that because most opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt-out on every browser and device that you use. Your mobile device settings may also provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for targeted online advertising purposes.
Sharing of Personal Information
In connection with the purposes above, we may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- We may share your personal information with third party companies that perform services on our behalf, such as delivery and logistics companies, marketing companies, Payment Processors, and website hosts and other IT infrastructure providers, (collectively, “Service Providers”). When we disclose personal information to Service Providers, we enter into a contract that describes the purpose and requires the Service Provider to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
- We may disclose your personal information to our corporate affiliates.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties whom you have authorized in connection with products and services we provide to you.
- We may disclose your personal information as required (or requested by law enforcement) and permitted by law or regulation, including in response to a subpoena or to respond to an emergency situation.
- We reserve the right to disclose personal information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
- In the event Koye or its affiliates or their assets are sold, merged or otherwise involved in a corporate transaction, your personal information will likely be transferred as part of that transaction – we reserve to right to transfer your personal information without your consent in such a situation; provided that we will make reasonable efforts to see that your privacy preferences are honored by the transferee.
Use of Aggregate and Non-Personally Identifying Information
We may anonymize, pseudonymize, aggregate or de-personalize personal information and/or Usage Information to create non-personally identifiable information (“Anonymized Data”). We may freely disclose and use Anonymized Data and other non-personally-identifying information for industry analysis, statistical purposes, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
Transfer of Personal Information
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as your Account is active or as needed to provide you services, meet legal or retention requirements, defend or bring potential legal claims, and respond to post-termination inquiries. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services you can contact us using the contact points specified below.
Your California Privacy Rights – CCPA Notice
If you are an individual within the State of California, USA, the California Consumer Privacy Protection Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) may apply to the personal information that you provide us through this website or otherwise through your interaction with us. If so, we are required by the CCPA and other California statutes to provide additional information to you, which you can find in our California Privacy Statement.
We maintain appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards and controls to help protect against the loss, misuse, alteration and unauthorized disclosure of personal information in our possession or under our control. While we use commercially reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, we cannot guarantee that data will always remain secure due to transmission errors, outside events, third party hacking or other causes. We will comply with all privacy laws and make any legally required disclosures regarding breaches of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of personal information consistent with our ability to determine the scope of a breach and our obligations to law enforcement.
Policies for Children
We do not intentionally collect or use any personal information from users under 18 years of age. No data should be submitted to the Website or Services by users under 18 years of age.
Access to Personal Information
You may review, update, correct or delete certain personal information associated with your Account by logging into your Account. If you wish to update or delete other personal information, you can contact us using the contact points specified below. To the extent authorized by law, we will take steps to modify or delete your personal information as soon as is practical, but some information may remain in archived/backup copies for our records or as otherwise required by law.
Mail: Koye Wellness Gmbh
Grossmatt 6, 6052 Hergiswil NW,
Attn: Robert Landolt
Tel: +41 (0) 79 174 97 34